WHERE THERE’S CHOP, YOU NEED POP
The downwind game changer for choppy water and open-ocean conditions.
REFINED NOSE SHAPE
– Fuller & boxier nose rails increases stability in side chop.
– Limits drag from water wrapping around the nose and pulling the rails,
– Provides extra buoyancy upwind and reduces the nose pitching downwind.
CURVED NOSE KICK
– For easy entry into downwind bumps and lift in upwind chop.
– Helps roll into bumps and connect bumps with ease.
NEW ROCKER LINE
with lowered nose and more tail kick. This assists the swell to lift the tail and pushing the nose into the bump. The added tail kick also helps when stepping back and connecting to bumps as well as surfing bigger swell.
– Dug out standing with recessed deck pad for lower centre of gravity and added stability.
– High side wall blocks water entering the tray, offers better handling in chop & secondary stability and greater control surfing on rail.
– New rounded rail edge in the standing makes for a more user-friendly entry when getting into the board.
NEW WIDENED INSIDE TAIL
deeper dug out rails creates a wider tail for more room to buoy turn and surf.
– The outline is narrower from the mid section forwards by reducing the curved apex rails with straighter rails.
– This reduces the wetted surface area and subsequently increases speed.
– The volume loss from the rails has been redistributed on the deck maintain pop.
WATER RELEASE SYSTEM
Angled tail and drainage exhausts flush water out reducing excess water weight in the cockpit.
EXTRA HANDLE POSITION
for beach race start and easy carrying.
– Linear profile thickness helps balance the trim and adds greater pop and control in chop.
– Restricts water from wrapping and filling up the standing area in choppy conditions.
LIGHTWEIGHT – FLEX CONTROL
– Lightweight Biaxial Carbon is wrapping the entire hull increases the stiffness and breakage strength.
– The mid section of the board has extra Biaxial Carbon wraps both outside and inside the rail for further stiffness and overall strength.
– “End Grain” balsa wood is used in the full standing area for increased strength and impact resistance.
“Living in Maui , right next to one of the most famous downwind runs: the Maliko run, my favorite downwind board is the new Ace. The board gets the bumps easy and effortlessly stays with the wave. The narrow outline makes it the fastest board around without giving up stability because of the deep stance.” Bart De Zwart
“The ACE has seen improvements in stability and drainage speed thanks to deck adjustments. The brand new lighter than ever ACE is the latest leader for ocean conditions in upwind and downwind racing.” Trevor Tunnington
“I choose the Ace when downwinding as it’s the most fun you can have with the wind at your back. It is also perfect for those really choppy days or when the ocean is like a washing machine. The ace is very forgiving as you are standing right on the waterline in the dugout position! Can’t wait until summer in Perth to get this board out again.” Michael Booth
“The Ace has been in the Starboard line up for a long time and every year it has been improved with added volume in the much need areas to maximize speed upwind and downwind. Plus reworking the bottom to give it maximum glide and efficiency.” Connor Baxter
“The Ace is a magic board.The extra volume in the nose makes it easy to paddle up and over bumps, in both upwind and downwind conditions. Having a recessed deck makes it possible to paddle a narrower board, even in bumpy conditions. If you can paddle a narrower board and still be stable, that means that you can put more power into your stoke and the total volume that you are pushing through the water is less, which means you will go faster. The Ace is my go to board for anything from light downwinders here in the Gorge to big ocean swells. This board helps connect one bump to another and really opens up the downwinding range!” Fiona Wylde