How to get back on your inflatable paddle board after falling off with Dan Gavere.
Getting back on your paddle board can be challenging but here is a couple of some easy tips.
Getting back on a paddle board from the side
- Approach the paddle from the side
- Use the carry handle to pull your upper body on to the paddle board
- Kick your feet to help get your whole body onto the paddle board
- If you drop your paddle, simply lay down and prone paddle to get your paddle back
- Continue paddling on your knees until you feel comfortable standing up
Getting back on a paddle board from the tail
- Approach the paddle board from the tail
- Put both hands on the tail of the board and push the tail down to get your upper body onto the board.
- Using your hands to grab both sides of the rails and pull yourself up
- You can kick your feet to help until you get your whole body onto the board
- Once on your board, slowly make your way back to the center of the board and resume paddling.