– ISA World Champion 2017 in SUP Surfing
– Current and 2x Ultimate Waterman (Ocean Decathlon Of surf and paddle sports) | https://www.theultimatewaterman.com/
– 4x Master Of The Ocean
– Ocean Guardian Award by Surfrider Foundation
– Guinness Book Of World Record Holder for Largest SUP lesson taught- “I taught over 1,000 people during one of our StandUp For The Cure events that my family and I are Co-founders of. This is also one of my greatest achievements as I take so much pride in being a part of this amazing community we created for cancer patients, along with their friends and family to find relief, support and joy from an Ocean sport like Stand Up Paddling. We have raised over $1.3 million for uninsured breast cancer and melanoma skin cancer patients since our first event in 2012″ – Zane.
– 8x APP/Stand Up World Tour Championship Event wins including; Sunset Beach Pro, 2x Turtle Bay Pro, Honoli’i Hawaii Pro, Sapinus Pro, Euro Cup, Bilbao and Rome!
Zane Kekoa Schweitzer has been a waterman since birth. He holds 15 World Champion event wins and is 2X & current Ultimate Waterman. Zane leads a full and present life. As Zane has been influenced by many leaders in ECO activism promoting the health of our planet – and particularly the Oceans – Zane has added the role of ECO Ambassador to his speaking and event activities. Svein Rasmussen of Starboard, Cyrill Gutsch of Parley for the Oceans and Michael Stewart of Sustainable Surf have all had major influence on Zane’s learning and commitment. Zane shares, “The Ocean is my playground, my place of refuge – even my church. I want to innovate and inspire daily, building awareness and action among many people who can make a difference in the health of our voiceless friend – the Ocean.”
When he’s not surfing, Zane might be gliding through the wind kitesurfing, windsurfing or Hydrofoiling. One of his favorite pastimes is fishing with his father or diving in the beautiful waters of Maui. At least 6 days a week he enjoys paddling, swimming or body surfing as part of his training routine. Zane is also an avid dirt bike racer and loves to spend time flying through the Maui mountains with his Dad and his brother, Matty. The way Zane lives every day to the fullest has become synonymous with his nickname, InZane.
Zane has been fortunate enough to travel and compete all around the world. At the early age of only 11 years old, Zane was already competing internationally and hasn’t stopped since. He has been around the globe quite a few times by now. Wherever he goes, his journals travel with him. Through these journals Zane has collected a lifetime of stories, adventures, and a powerful message to share. In 2017 Zane published his first book, Beneath the Surface. (Available on this website and on Amazon)
However, what Zane is most respected and loved for is the philanthropic work he does world wide. Zane’s greatest personal achievements have not been his competition results or world ranking stats. Zane cares deeply for the well-being of others and the preservation of our planet. In 2012 Zane and his family co-founded “Stand Up for the Cure,” a Stand Up Paddle Event that has raised over $1,300,000 for uninsured cancer patients in the past 7 years alone. He founded his own “InZane SUPer Groms” where he teaches children at home and around the world how to swim, surf and share Aloha while taking care of each other and our oceans.
Zane has been riding for Starboard since he was 11 years old, currently 15 years on board!
Favourite discipline: SUP Surfing
Favourite SUP Locations: MAUI, Tahiti, New Zealand and Indonesia
APP World Tour Ranking: Currently 5th
Best results: ISA World Champion 2017 in SUP Surfing
Lives in: Planet Earth- Lahaina, Maui
Hobbies: Ocean sports like Surfing, Windsurfing, SUP, Hydrofoiling, Sailing, diving, and other extreme sports like; Dirtbiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, climbing and even some casual hobbies like; gardening, journaling, and coaching.
Contact: [email protected] or for business inquiries, [email protected]
Other Sponsors: Honolua Surf Co., Maui Jim Sunglasses, Matuse Wetsuits and Black Project Fins.