Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) professionals, Claudio & Leo Nika, announce their collaboration with the Peniche Surfing Club’s High Performance Center (HPC), using the centre as their training base whilst hosting Stand Up Paddleboard athletes from around the world with monthly high-performance training camps.
“It’s time to aim high, train harder than ever and achieve your goals! Peniche Surf Club’s HPC in Peniche, Portugal is the best place to train like a champion!” – Leo Nika
“After working for a long time on this project we can finally say our a dream of opening a HPC has come true!” – Leo Nika
The High Performance Center will take your SUP training to a whole new level! Here are the details:
- The starting price is 380 Euro per person, per week – includes 6 nights at the HPC, 28 hours water lessons and 14-hour video analyses, transport for 14 sessions a week and transport, breakfast and lunch.
- The Peniche HPC has a restaurant that will prepare 2 meals per day for athletes – breakfast, lunch – with dinner optional (special pricing only for the HPC participants). There is also a fully-equipt professional kitchen if you’d prefer to cook for yourself.
- The HPC transport will cover airport transfers and transportation to the SUP/surf spots
- More than 50 surf spots with perfect waves to choose from
- Offers both flat water and open ocean training conditions
- Fully equipped, sauna and massage area at the HPC
- Post-session video analysis by elite paddleboard athletes Leo & Claudio Nika
- Athletes are encouraged to bring their own equipment, although the HPC is able to provide top quality & innovative Starboard SUP gear – including 14′ carbon race boards & race paddles, as well as Starboard’s innovative Wave SUPs of different sizes from 7’1’’ to 10’’
- And more – when you’re not training you can have fun on the skate ramp or chill and surf the internet with free WiFi
What does the training program entail?
“We are scheduling SUP 2 sessions per day at 2 hours per session: the surfing training session will take place in the early morning and SUP racing training in the afternoons. Morning sessions will be followed by functional training which will be in the gym circuits and correction of postural mistakes on land and in the water.
After every session, we are going to do a video analysis of each athlete so everyone will be able to see themselves on the big screen to improve your technique for the next session. Off the water, we are also going to focus on the recovery time – which is a very important part of an intense training program.”
There are scheduled training camp dates throughout the 2019 season, either 1 or 2 weeks each month with each training camp able to host up to 30 people at a time.
The HPC will elevate your SUP performance and promises to be an amazing experience! So what are you waiting for?
Peniche High Performance SUP Centre training camps dates:
- January 20/27
- February 16/23
- March 16/23 – 24/30
- April 1/7 – 18/27
- May 5/12 – 24/30
- Jun 24/30
- July 15/23
- August 4/11 – 11/18 – 18/25 -25/31
- September 23/29
- October 1/7
- November 4/10
- December 1/8