– 2019 Gold Medal ISA World Champion Long Distance & (El Salvador)
– 2019 Gold Medal ISA World Champion Beach Race (El Salvador)
– 2019 1st Place at EUROTOUR Gran Canaria La Misteriosa (Canary Islands)
– 2019 2nd Place at EUROTOUR San Sebastian Paddle Tour (Spain)
– 2019 2nd Place at EUROTOUR Battle of the Coast (Holland)
– 2019 1st Place at Spanish Long Distance Championship (Alicante, Spain)
– 2019 1st Place at Spanish Beach Race Championship (Suances, Spain)
Espe Barreras has always been related to the sea, that her passion.
From a young age she begins in the world of sailing and boats, which leads to a close relationship with the sea. Her beginnings in competition and in overcoming herself, make Espe take values such as illusion, perseverance, respect, ambition… who define her as an athlete delivered in everything she does.
Espe discovers the Stand Up Paddle from her passion for the sea and being able to spend more time in the water. Guided and motivated by great athletes of the island of Fuerteventura such as Iballa Ruano and Sonni Honscheid, she begins to row more and more taking it to the fun of catching waves and doing good downwinds. A year later, because of his competitive spirit, he began training and preparing for some races.
Without a doubt 2019 will be your exit ramp. It is her first year competing internationally and she manages to reach her first podiums on the EUROTOUR circuit. And it’s in the 2019 ISA SUP World Championship (El Salvador) that she manages to hang two gold medals. Espe proclaims two-time world champion, long distance and beach race.
For this new season 2020, arrives full of enthusiasm to live new experiences and continue to do what you like the most: enjoy the sea and live every day.
Lives in: Fuerteventura (Canary Islands)
APP World Tour Ranking: No competition yet. 2020 will compete at APP Gran Canaria APP Paris & APP Cascais on Race & Waves
SUP Racer Ranking: 7th (9 races)
Hobbies: Surfing, Sailing, Windsurfing, Traveling, beach life!
Favourite Places: (SUP locations) Lobos Pointbreak (Surfing & Beach race) Majanicho Point Break (SUP Surf & Beach Race) Punta Elena Point break (Beach Race) Big Downwind between islands(Lanzarote-Fuerteventura)
Other Sponsors: @or_training