“SUP Dedicated to Foil”
The combination of a short compact outline, distinct channel bottom and thick profile makes it a platform for entry-level learning to foil up to the world’s most progressive riders.
Numerous test trips to Bali, Phuket, and continued testing in Hawaii have formed a range that excels in all types of conditions including flat-water pump foiling, wave riding and downwind racing.
The Boxy Rail
Maximize the volume of the outline, thus creating the essential floatation and stability when paddling a shorter board.
The Straight Outline
Optimizes the volume and stability to ride a short board that is compact and easy to control when flying.
Wide Nose And Tail
Provides stability when paddling. The wide tail gives a solid platform to push down to lift up the board, while the wider nose helps release easily and lift on touch downs.
Reduces the nose sticking and subsequent speed loss when touching down after flying. It also helps break the surface tension for faster release and lift.
Recessed Deck Pad Area
Lowers the center of gravity for extra stability and control to slightly wedge your feet against the rails.
• Provides stability similar to a trimaran. It also increases the tracking and control which is crucial when paddling shorter boards.
• The channels help reduce the wetted surface area to maintain speed on touch downs and releases earlier when getting up.
Widens towards the nose to limit the rail touching when turning and reduces surface tension, while the tail feeds into a sharp edge for extra stability and release.
Sharp Channel Edge
Gives a clean release point so the tail doesn’t drag.
Round Tail Kick
Helps leverage the nose to release and pop up quickly.
Extended EVA Pad
• Raised EVA pad on top of the foil box helps identify the standing area without having to look down.
• Gives a solid grip when paddling into waves and when trimming the board.
EVA Center Ridge
Makes it easy to feel and identify the middle of the board to stay centered and balanced.
NEW Foil Box
• Is optimized for downwind, pump foiling and wave riding.
• Starlite – Both Tuttle box and Plate options allow universal foil mounts.
• Blue carbon – Only available with the top plate foil mount to reduce weight for lighter performance.
• 10″ US Box allows flexibility to adjust the foil position.
NEW Blue Carbon
LIGHTEST WEIGHT, BEST RESPONSE, STRONGEST BUILD
• Ultra lightweight Biax Carbon is laminated over the entire deck and rails for the best strength and flex.
• High-density End Grain Balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
• High-density PET foam wraps the full deck and rails, minimising resin uptake and increasing overall hull strength.
• High-grade lightweight S-Glass wraps the full bottom.
PARABOLIC CARBON INNEGRA RAILS
• Scratch proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra rail.
• 3 x Glass T-stringers from the mid point forwards significantly increases strength against total breakage.
• A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for strength and durability.
• Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistant and rigidity.
7’7″ X 30″
Length: 7’7” / 231 cm
Width: 30” / 76 cm
Ultra-stable board that serves a dual purpose: a winner for those learning and needing a stable and wide platform, yet a high-performance and progressive board for heavier riders. Being the longest in the range, the extra length makes it easier to catch waves with speed, making it easier to get up with less pressure required to get the lift.
• Blue Carbon
7’2″ x 27.5″
Length: 7’2” / 218 cm
Width: 27.5” / 70 cm
The 7’2” gives extra glide and speed from the longer length and narrower width. The extra length makes it easier to paddle into waves with speed which helps to get up foiling quickly. It is also faster to paddle back out to catch more waves. The narrower width reduces the rail from catching or slowing down during manoeuvres.
• Blue Carbon
6’6″ X 30″
Length: 6’6” / 198 cm
Width: 30” / 76 cm
A highly stable board in a short compact size, perfect for riders wanting short board performance with added comfort and stability. Short length makes it possible to control the board with little movement needed to trim the foil angle. The 30” width combined with the full nose outline and thick rails makes it possible to drop down in size yet maintain stability for heavier riders.
• Blue Carbon
6’4″ x 25″
Length: 6’4” / 193 cm
Width: 25” / 64 cm
Being the shortest in the range, the 6’4” is suited for higher skilled and lighter riders. The short length makes it easier to trim the board from the centre without needing to make big movements, giving more central control to adjust the foil and trim. Narrowest width makes it possible to do more radical turns without the rails hitting the water which would slow you down.
• Blue Carbon
Foil Surfing UK
Tested 7’2″ x 27.5″
The boards are well made as you would expect from any Starboard product and extensive research seems to have been done with Starboard pro riders.The board on test (7’2″ x 27.5″) was stable and paddled well (foil attached). The boxy rails with a slight chamfer in the forward section of the boards nose sit the board high out of the water giving stability for the size.
Read the full review on FOIL SURFING UK
You May Also Like
For every board sold, we plant a mangrove in the Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park, absorbing one ton of CO2 over 20 years. Learn more >
PLASTIC OFFSET PROGRAM
Buy a board and we collect an equivalent of 200 plastic bags from beaches through our Plastic Offset Program. Learn more >
PERFORMANCE CHART & SPECIFICATION
|Model||7’7” x 30” HYPER FOIL||7’2” x 27.5” HYPER FOIL||6’6” x 30” HYPER FOIL||6’4” x 25” HYPER FOIL|
|Length (cm)||234.6 cm||219.2 cm||201.1 cm||195.0 cm|
|Width (cm)||76.2 cm||69.8 cm||76.2 cm||63.5 cm|
|Thickness (cm)||10.4 cm||11.1 cm||10.9 cm||10.1 cm|
|Tail Width (Imperial)||23.1”||23.6”||24.3”||22.6”|
|Tail Width (cm)||58.6 cm||59.9 cm||61.7 cm||57.4 cm|
|Volume||137 L||125 L||116 L||92 L|
|Rider Weight||60-120 kg||60-105 kg||50-95 kg||50-85 kg|
|Fin Set Up||Foil||Foil||Foil||Foil|
|Weight Blue Carbon||8.07 kg (Est)||7.53 kg (Est)||7.46 kg (Est)||6.34 kg (Est)|
|Weight Starlite||9.34 kg (Est)||8.54 kg (Est)||8.50 kg (Est)||7.32 kg (Est)|
Can't find a board? Scroll to the right to see more sizes >