SUP Tips: How To Get Back On Paddle Board From The Tail
Falling off your stand up paddleboard is inevitable. Follow these 5 steps on how to get easily get back on your paddle board from the tail:
- Grab the handle near the tail, pull the board into you while pushing the tail down
- Pull your upper body on by grabbing on the rails
- Kick feet to help while you pull. your body further up the board
- Prone paddle to retrieve paddle and place it 90 degrees across the board in front of you
- Start again on knees, get balanced and centered. When you’re ready, hop up (either both feet together or one foot at a time) and resume paddle
Remember, falling off is a natural part of paddling and being out on the water. Never be afraid of getting wet means you will relax and enjoy your time out on the water a whole lot more.
Are you New to SUP? Check out this article containing 10 Questions Every First-Time SUP Buyer Should Answer!