”The vision hit me. Fast drop, slam into a bottom turn, carve off the top, drive down the face, repeat. that’s it”
– 7x Italian Champion 2012-18
– 3rd Paris ( France) Crossing APP World Tour, 2018
– 2nd Bilbao (Spain) World SUP Challenge, 2017
– 3rd San Francisco Battle of the Bay, California – USA, 2017
– 3rd Long Distance European SUP Championship, Portugal 2017
– 4x European SUP Champion Race 12/ 13/ 14/ 17 , he‘s one of the top 5 riders in the world!
– 2nd Columbia Gorge Paddle Challenge, Oregon (USA), 2016
– 3rd Stand Up World Series in Barcelona 2015
– 1st Eurosup Race 2013
– 2nd Race World Cup Event in Hamburg (Germany), 2013
– 1st SUP Paris Crossing 2013
Leonard Nika began surfing at age of 10 when his family moved from Torino to Rome, near the coast in Italy.
The passion for surfing has come natural to Leonard, it did not take much for the passion to become talent. After many surfing competitions around Italy, in the summer of 2008 Nika was introduced to Stand Up Paddling (SUP) and a few months after taking the first wave with a Stand Up Paddle board, he had already climbed the rankings in the Italian and European competitions both, Wave and Race. Sponsored by Naish at the beginning, for two consecutive years, currently runs the world competing for the leading brand Starboard.
Completing his missions, Nika has ridden big waves on the Mediterranean and the Atlantic Ocean, including Capo Mannu – Sardinia, Hossegor – France, Mundaka-Spain and Super Tubos -Portugal.
When Leonard is not busy traveling the World, he likes to teach stand up surfing and support the others who would like to approach this sport and show his training skills at his sup surf High-performance center Of Peniche-Portugal.
Leonard moved to Cascais for improve his daily training during the off season in a perfect conditions with the power of the ocean, Portugal have a lot to offer for Stand up paddling many flat water spots to discover and mostly open ocean conditions while enjoying the culture and ambiente here in Portugal.
Leo has been ridding for Starboard since he was 21 years old, currently 10 years on board!
Favourite discipline: SUP Surfing
Favourite SUP Locations: Peniche (Portugal)
APP World Tour Ranking: currently 10
SUP Racer Ranking: currently 19
Lives in: Portugal
Hobbies: Skating, surfing, running, biking
Other Sponsors: Black Project Sup, Garmin Marine