How To Do A SUP Yoga Headstand with Kelly Huck – Starboard SUP Yoga Ambassador
- Find calm & flat water so it’s easy to practice
- Use the paddle holder to secure your paddle
- Use the top of your head and be in the centre of your board, at the handle
- Make a tripod base with your head and your hands on the board; elbows bent at 90° angle
- Walk feet in towards your head to stack your hips over your shoulders
- Place knees on elbows – be sure to feel stable here before taking your legs up
- Slowly lift your legs up while maintaining your balance
- Position yourself on the middle line squeeze your legs and feet together to maintain stability and keep your balance
- Lift shoulders up and away from the board to take the weight off your head and neck
Starboard Yoga Inflatable Paddle board
Starboard Tiki tech Enduro Paddle
Kelly Huck from SoCal Paddle Yoga is a professional SUP Yoga instructor with a floating yoga studio based at Lake Mission in Viejo, Southern California.
Visit their website to learn more about learning sup yoga.