Pro paddle board surfer Sean Poynter gives us these SUP Tips for the parallel SUP surf stance:
Benefits of the parallel surf stance:
- Improves stability: it improves your balance both side to side as well as front to back (trim)
- Speeds up the wave catching process: it lessens the time to get into that optimal surf stance
- Increase stability through white water: increases your ability to get over smaller white water waves and through bigger white water waves
SUP Surfing is fun and can be done on both hard paddle board and inflatable paddle board. One of the basics part of SUP surfing is the surf stance. Today, we will show you the benefits of parallel SUP Surf stance
- Improve stability
It helps improves balance both side to side and as well as front and back. The surf stance helps distribute your weight thus giving you a better control of your paddle board.
- Speed up the wave catching process
It lessens the time to get into that optimal “Surf Stance” which is the foot position that makes riding waves much easier.
- Increases stability through whitewater
Paddling through the whitewater (wave breaks) is not easy for the first-time SUP surfers. The Surf stance helps increase your chances in getting through the whitewater. The surf stance is a key as it prepares you quicker for getting through medium and big whitewater waves.
Are you New to SUP? Check out this our range of entry level boards