Starboard is a 10X Climate Positive brand. We achieve this by planting mangroves, that will absorb 10 times the amount of carbon dioxide we emit over 20 years. And this journey would never be possible without YOU, our Tiki Family.
We would like to invite you to participate in the global edition of the TIKI SUP CHALLENGE 10x. The challenge is simple — to paddle 10km in one session any day from now until 10.10 (October 10th, 2022).
Each participant will have one mangrove planted for them and 1.1 KG of plastic removed from the coastlines of Thailand. Entering this competition is your key to taking care of our planet!
The competition is open to everyone and you can use any type and brand of board. There are also loads of awesome prizes you can win, and category prizes — read more below.
Are you ready? Let’s GO paddle together for the planet!
Don’t worry if you don’t win the above prizes! Every participation will help protect and restore our planet as everyone will earn:
No, you can be on any paddle boards! As long as it allows you to stand up on the water and paddle, it is good to go!
You can be entitled to join in as many categories as you wish. If you win multiple categories you may choose one prize per person, and the additional category will be passed to the second-place winner.
Yes, you can! But the social media account that posted the pictures and hashtag us according to rule #4 will hold the right to claim the prizes.
A virtual challenge is a challenge that can be done from any location — with the help of technology. You get to paddle your own race, at your own pace and at your chosen date. Then the GPS applications will record the time and distance for you to compare your session with the other challengers.
The registration is open so, you can sign up right away. Click here to register > then do the challenge any days before October 10th, 2022.
We’ve made it as flexible as possible so, you can plan ahead with your friends and family.
If you cannot find your name on the leader board within 10 days after you posted on social media. Please
check if you registered to the challenge
check if you open your post to the public and put the correct hashtags #tikisupchallenge #starboardsup #10xclimatepositive
If you have done 1. and 2. please contact [email protected] to report your issue.
No, you cannot combine multiple sessions to make 10 KM. The goal of this challenge is to have 10 KM in one go!
But you can take your time and paddle at your comfortable pace. The speed of your session does not relate to your chance of winning prizes.
Yes, you can. Just type your country in the leaderboard’s search box and it will only show the data from your country.
Terms and Conditions:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter the challenge.
2. This competition is open internationally, aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Starboard, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to win the prizes.
3. This competition will commence at 00.01 CET on 22 March 2022 and all entries must be received by 23.59 CET on 10 October 2022. Starboard accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach Starboard by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
4. Starboard’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
6. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Starboard reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winner will be notified via social media DM or email by 28 October 2022. The winner must claim their prize within 1 week of Starboard sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Starboard reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
8. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation. To the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep Starboard harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Starboard a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalize the license. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
9. Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and Starboard.
10. Starboard will not give out or sell any data submitted to any 3rd party.
11. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to Starboard and not Facebook or Instagram and you agree that Facebook or Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. You can be entitled to join in as many prize categories as you wish. If you win multiple categories you may choose one prize per person, and the additional category will be passed to the second-place winner.
14. Starboard does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage incurred by participating in this Tiki SUP challenge.
15. All Participants must wear a leash. Any pictures without a leash will not be entitled in the competition.
16. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.