Follow these 4 SUP Paddling Technique Tips To Paddle Straight:
- Start the stroke a little away from the rail
- Angle the blade inward toward the rail of the board
- Pull the blade toward your feet with vertical and deep strokes
- Swap hands and change hands occasionally
Learn how to paddle your SUP in a straighter line with these 4 handy tips
- Start stroke a little away from the rail
Reach forward as far as you still feel comfortable and balanced and plant the paddle into the water until the full blade is submerged.
- Angle the blade inward toward the rail
By angle the blade a little bit inward toward the rail of the board
- Drag the blade to your feet with vertical and deep stroke
Submerge the blade into the water 90 degrees angle as deep as you can and pull the paddle to yourself.
- Swop hands and change sides
To maintain a straight line, you have to switch sides of paddling occasionally.
View our range of Starboard Paddles to find your perfect paddle.