Kelly Huck from SoCal Paddle Yoga gives us these handy tips & benefits on how to SUP yoga Tree Pose. Practising balancing poses in yoga, such as Tree Pose, will help you gain both physical and mental steadiness and poise. Tree Pose improves focus and posture.
How To Perform the Tree Pose in SUP Yoga (top-down):
- Don’t look down
- Stand up straight
- Use your paddle
- Stand in the centre of the board
- Slowly bend the knee
- Avoid placing your foot joint of the knee – place your sole above
- Press down on the paddle
- Turn your toes to ten o’clock (left foot) or three o’clock (right foot)
- Don’t forget to try the other side
- Fall sideways off the board
See more SUP Yoga how-to tips here
Visit the Yoga Inflatable paddleboard page to learn more about the gear Kelly uses to practice her SUP Yoga on.