|Date:||November 15 – 19, 2023|
|Organiser:||RCAT & ICF|
|Disciplines:||Sprint, Technical, Long Distance, Inflatable|
|Age Groups:||Open, Junior, 40+, 50+|
|Registration:||June 1, 2023|
|Event Schedule:||See more below|
The following event article will walk you through all the necessary information that may guide you and your team on the way to the ICF SUP World Champs at Jomtien Beach in Pattaya, Thailand.
The Rowing and Canoeing Association of Thailand (RCAT) look forward to hosting the 2023 ICF SUP World Championships between 15-19 November 2023 in Pattaya, Thailand.
All ICF SUP competitions are open to paddlers of all levels and encourage anyone with a passion for paddling to come to join the festival (see below the range of participants for details). RCAT have an amazing programme planned full of entertainment.
We expect this year’s World Championship to be the biggest one yet, with athletes from across the globe coming to compete at the very top level, and to be able to do it on one of the most famous beaches in the world gives the event an extra level of importance. We can be certain the top names in SUP will all be in Pattaya in November.
The 2023 ICF Stand Up Paddling World Championships will be a wonderful opportunity to showcase this exciting sport to a global audience, and to also remind viewers around the world of what Pattaya and Thailand have to offer.
14th November (TUE) – Jomtien Beach
– Access period starts
– Accreditation centre opens
15th November (WED) – Jomtien Beach
– Racecourse opens for training
16th November (THU) – Jomtien Beach
– Racecourse opens for training
17th November (FRI) – RCAT Training Centre
– Sprint races/Opening Ceremony
18th November (SAT)
– Technical races
19th November (SUN)
– Long Distance races
– One-design (*possible) – Closing Ceremony
– Access period ends
*Note: this is a provisional schedule and is subject to change. All participants are encouraged to arrange their travels for the duration of the competition.
Technical/ Long Distance: Jomtien Beach, Pattaya | Google Maps location
Sprint/ Team: Royal Thai Navy Rowing and Canoeing Training Centre, Rayong | Google Maps location
*See airport transfer details below
List of Official World Championship Events:
|Open||Team event - Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|Open||Team event - Technical||Hard - up to 14'|
|Junior||Team event - Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|Junior||Team event - Technical||Hard - up to 14'|
|Open||Sprint, Technical, Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|Junior||Sprint, Technical, Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|40+||Sprint, Technical, Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|50+||Sprint, Technical, Long Distance||Hard - up to 14'|
|Open||Inflatable||Infl. - up to 14'|
Starboard is teaming up with Union Paddlers and Sports Camps to elevate SUP racing by providing rental race boards at the upcoming ICF SUP World Champs in Thailand. This will enable amateur and professional athletes to have easy access to high-quality equipment and travel with greater ease.
General Conditions of Participation:
The competition is run in compliance with the 2023 ICF SUP Rules.
Range of participants
- The competition is open to anyone who complies with the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Membership in an ICF (International Canoe Federation) or ISA (International Surfing Association) National Federation is not a requirement to participate in the competition.
- Each competitor is individually responsible for his / her own participation and the administrative duties related to his / her entry.
- Registration and entries will be available on the official event page from June 1st.
- By registering and participating in the competition the participants assure at the same time their ability to swim at least 200 m without assistance and are comfortable paddling in open water.
- If a competitor is under the age of 18, parental consent is required for participation.
- There will be possible unofficial races for a one-design race and for kids.
HOC will arrange the one trip from the international airport – the official accommodations only, the transportation fee is per person per one way without board by shuttle van or bus, the details as follows:
|International Airport||Distance – Duration to hotels||Transportation fee (EUR)|
|Suvarnabhumi||150 km. – approx. 2 hrs.||30|
|Don Muang||180 km. – approx. 2.30 hrs.||40|
|U-tapao, Pattaya||45 km. – approx. 30 mins||15|
* The local transportation from the hotel to the RCAT Training Centre for Sprint events will be included in the entry fee.
** The athletes who need transportation with the board must pay an additional fee for board 10 EUR/board/one way. HOC will arrange a separate truck for board only.