Brrr! Winter may have you reaching for extra blankets, but Starboard is turning up the heat with our Instagram Photo & Reels Contest in January! So ditch the cocoa for your camera, because it’s time to trade cosy days indoors in for capturing the coolest winter adventures. Starboard wants to see your most epic winter moments whether you’re ‘SUP-tobogganing’ fresh powder on the slopes, carving icy waves on your surf SUP, or race training in frosty conditions.
Dream Team rider and winter paddling extraordinaire, Bruce Kirkby, will choose the winner. And the prize? A winter wonderland in a box: a Starboard SUP carbon fin, leash, and mug to keep you warm and stoked all season long.
How to enter:
- Share a post of how you are ‘conquering the cold’ on Instagram.
- Post can be either a picture or video reel, however, reels will get a 3x entry.
- Your post should showcase your Starboard SUP gear.
- You can be on the water or off the water – just have to be havin’ fun!
- Hashtag #tikisupwinter and tag @starboardsup in your post.
How it works:
- The contest runs from January 1st to January 31st.
- The winner will be selected by the famous winter adventurer, Bruce Kirkby. So get creative!
- When the winner has been selected, we’ll contact you via Instagram DM to send your prize.
- Read Bruce’s winter paddling safety advice here.
- Don’t forget to follow @starboardsup on Instagram.
- Starboard Flash Pre-Preg carbon fin
- Starboard SUP Coil Leash
- Starboard Stainless Steel Mug
Feel free to enter the contest multiple times throughout the month, but each photo/reel will be evaluated separately.
*Very important to keep your profile public, hashtag and tag. Otherwise, we cannot find your pictures!
Terms & Conditions:
- No purchase is necessary to enter the challenge.
- Only pictures/reels with Starboard equipment can enter the contest. Posting a reel adds greater value to participants during the winner selection process.
- This competition is open internationally to, those aged 18 years or over. Employees of Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to Starboard, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to win the prizes.
- This competition will commence at 00.01 CET on the 1st of January 2024 and all entries must be received by 23.59 CET on the 31st of January 2024. Starboard accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach Starboard by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- A participant can enter the contest multiple times, but each photo or reel will be evaluated separately.
- Starboard’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Starboard reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via social media DM or email by the 15th of February 2024. The winner must claim their prize within 1 week of Starboard sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Starboard reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner selected following these rules.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation. To the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Entrants will keep Starboard harmless from any claims concerning their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants Starboard a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalize the license. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
- Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission to include their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and Starboard.
- Starboard will not give out or sell any data submitted to any 3rd party.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to Starboard and not Facebook or Instagram and you agree that Facebook or Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Starboard does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage incurred by participating in this contest.
- Starboard reserves the right to adjust the terms & conditions of the contest with the following public notification.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.