Our All Star Airline featuring our patented Airline technology has been our most significant breakthrough in tuning rocker lines and deflection.
Watch this short explainer video before you get paddling on how to correctly set up your Starboard All Star Airline Inflatable SUP to ensure you get the best possible performance out of your board.
What is covered in this SUP tutorial:
- Step by step guide
- How to tie the Airline knot
- About the Airline Technology
Airline Technology: Starboard’s most significant breakthrough in tuning rocker lines and deflection. This efficient, lightweight technology could change the future of inflatable performance boards.The free-flowing aramid cable locks the board in shape when inflated, creating a solid trustworthy hull sensation.
The patented Airline Technology utilizes a pre-set free-floating cable. It is attached to the nose, goes under the bottom and ends at the fin box. The preset cable is slightly shorter than the board so when the board inflates, the cable comes under tension and stiffens the board significantly. We measured 1.8 cm less hull deflection in testing and 2016 World Champion Connor Baxter swears by it.
The Starboard models equipped with Airline Technology: product links here.
Setting up your Starboard All Star with Airline
- Set up in a non abrasive area
- Unpack the board and accessories
- The pump, nose cone, leash and the FCS Connect tool-less fin
- Unroll the board
- Check that the cable knot in the fin box is secure
- Remove the valve cap
- Ensure the valve pin is up
- Start with the pump on double action mode
- Insert the pump hose
- Pump up the board
- Stop when the board looks inflated, but the pressure is still low
- Place cone on the nose of the board, ensure the Tiki man is upright
- Guide the cable around the nose, place pressure between the cone and the hooks
- Place the loop onto preferred tension hook
- Ensure the nose cone is secure and straight
- Pump the board to full pressure
- Switch to single action for easier pumping
- Finish when the board is between 15-18 PSI
- Remove the hose and replace the valve cap
- Attach the leash
- Loop the end of the leash through the tail d-ring
- Thread the cuff through the loop
- Pull through the entire leash until tight around the d-ring
- Push the excess cable flat into the fin box
- Place the front end of the fin into the fin box
- Slide is to the front of the box and press down firmly with the cable underneath
View our range of inflatable boards