High-performance race shapes designed by world-class athletes
From progressive level riders to elite racers. The All Star is the world’s most successful, user-friendly and versatile race design. The updated bottom shape is more stable when switching between strokes, allowing you to maintain a smooth and balanced glide without disrupting the speed. Starboard’s 2019 race range is faster and again more stable, breaking new boundaries in our sport.
BOARD 3D VIEWER
OPTIMIZED NOSE VOLUME
– Provides greater float and lift in flat water, allowing for faster acceleration.
– The added volume gives greater buoyancy and lift upwind and prevents nose diving when paddling downwind.
– The pop and release allow the rider to maintain glide with a steady cadence.
Refined V allows for faster entry onto downwind bumps and added kick reduces nose diving.
– Creates a flatter center rocker for extended glide & propels the water from nose to tail creating lift and speed.
– Narrower and straighter channel improves tracking and delivers a smoother glide.
FLAT SIDE PLANE
– Creates smoother glide and adds stability.
– Feel more controlled and less twitchy when switching between strokes.
– The planning surface is reduced by nearly 20%, increasing the glide and overall speed.
CHAMFERED RAIL EDGE
provides secondary stability to restrict the board from rolling.
“LESS TALK, MORE SPEED”
BOXY STRAIGHT RAILS
with more vertical apex optimizes the full outline width of the board for greater stability and reduces rolling.
– Prevents water wrapping into the standing area adding excess weight and drag, improves stability in side chop and allows to turn the board when leaning on the rail.
– Fuller rail directly in front of the standing area provides more pop and stability both upwind and in side chop.
on selected models replaces the volume lost from the tail outline to create lift and added push onto bumps downwind.
– Creates a smooth release & faster glide with less turbulence making it harder for others to draft.
– More tail rocker in the side planes makes it easier to lift the nose in downwind.
– Easier to slide the tail over the water with less effort for buoy turning.
NARROWER TAIL OUTLINE
– Faster acceleration and overall glide per stroke due to less surface area & drag from the tail.
– Upwind the narrower tail helps the board flow naturally with bumps, helping to lift the nose over swell and glide into bumps creating a similar sensation to the Ace board.
– Downwind the narrower tail makes it more reactive to turn direction and maneuver between bumps.
– Easier to sink the lower volume tail to lift the nose for fast snappy buoy turning.
EXTENDED STANDING AREA
increases your paddle reach and provides better control over the board. (14’0” models only)
MULTIPLE HANDLE POSITIONS
Customise the handle placement for beach starts. Additional handle mounts on the tail for smaller sizes allowing for better grip when paddling in and out of the surf. Only 24.5” and below for 12’6” and 14’0”.
diamond grooved tail pad
for added traction & control when buoy turning and wave riding.
FIN SET UP
A longer center fin like the Race Ultra will provide greater stability and tracking in flat water, while a smaller fin like the Natural Winner will deliver more downwind maneuverability.
2 PREMIUM CONSTRUCTIONS
– Lightest weight, Extra durability, Flex control
– Super light-weight biaxial carbon is laminated over the entire hull for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most efficient flex.
– The mid-section of the board has stiffer UD carbon side stringers to maintain the rocker in the critical area, thus optimizing glide.
HYBRID CARBON TECHNOLOGY
– Great Strength, Value offering
– The full outside wrap of plain weave 1 0g military grade S Glass gives great impact resistance for its weight and also provides a good Flex Pattern.
– The standing area is reinforced with 2 wide strips of 0.6mm thick Australian Pine to prevent heel marks over time.
|Model||14'0'' x 28'' ALL STAR||14'0'' x 26'' ALL STAR||14'0'' x 24.5'' ALL STAR||14'0'' x 23.5'' ALL STAR||14'0'' x 22.5'' ALL STAR||12'6'' x 28'' ALL STAR||12'6'' x 26'' ALL STAR||12'6'' x 24.5'' ALL STAR||12'6'' x 23.5'' ALL STAR||12'6'' x 23'' ALL STAR|
|Length (cm)||426.7 cm||426.7 cm||426.7 cm||426.7 cm||426.7 cm||381 cm||381 cm||381 cm||381 cm||381 cm|
|Width (cm)||71.1 cm||66 cm||62.2 cm||59.7 cm||57.2 cm||71.1 cm||66 cm||62.2 cm||59.7 cm||58.4 cm|
|Thickness (cm)||25.1 cm||25.4 cm||25.1 cm||25.9 cm||22.1 cm||25.7 cm||23.9 cm||23.4 cm||23.4 cm||21.3 cm|
|Tail Width (Imperial)||17.9''||15.9''||14.9''||14.4''||13.8''||17.9''||16.8''||16.5''||16.0''||15.3''|
|Tail Width (cm)||45.5 cm||40.4 cm||37.8 cm||36.6 cm||35.1 cm||45.5 cm||42.7 cm||41.9 cm||40.6 cm||38.9 cm|
|Volume||379 L||360 L||337 L||327 L||272 L||340 L||313 L||300 L||283 L||242 L|
|Rider Weight||80-115 kg||70-110 kg||60-95 kg||50-85 kg||40-75 kg||75-105 kg||70-95 kg||50-90 kg||40-80 kg||40-70 kg|
|Fin Set Up||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single|
|Fins||Race Ultra||Race Ultra||Natural Winner||Natural Winner||Natural Winner||Race Ultra||Natural Winner||Natural Winner||Natural Winner||Natural Winner|
|Weight Carbon Sandwich||13.4 kg (Avg)||12.8 kg (Avg)||12.1 kg (Avg)||11.8 kg (Avg)||10.6 kg (Avg)||12.0 kg (Avg)||11.0 kg (Avg)||10.8 kg (Avg)||10.4 kg (Avg)||9.6 kg (Avg)|
|Weight Hybrid Carbon||14.5 kg (Avg)||14.5 kg (Avg)||13.3 kg (Avg)||-||-||13.4 kg (Avg)||12.4 kg (Avg)||11.8 kg (Avg)||-||-|
|Bottom Shape||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel||Forward extended center channel|
“The new All Star, really wants to surf! With the higher edges and boxy tail, it gives you a nice tail lift for the perfect glide. This is the board you know you can trust, even in higher surf, this board is still manageable!
The All Star is a board I know it will work in everything! North Carolina was the best example this year – choppy to flat to upwind to downwind conditions and at the end surfing a wave back to the beach. When I´m racing on the All Star I can just focus on myself, this board is very predictable and really easy to get used to paddle on it.” Sonni Honscheid
“I love the All Star because it is a star in all conditions, downwind, chop, flat-water and my choice for ultra long distant races. Super fast and stable even when I strap all my gear on the board. The all star has many isnert options for handles or gear storage. I have won every ultra distance race I have entered with the All Star so far.” Bart De Zwart
“It’s great to see improvements in stability and speed yet again for the 2019 All Star. I love the new standing area; it has been extended forwards adding more space while paddling. The new All Star has reduced wake and is my go to board for mild/mid choppy conditions and technical racing.” Trevor Tunnington
“The All Star is my favourite surf racing board. I use this board when competing in and out of the break as it has superior handling and speed when it comes to this type of racing. It is also really fun for surfing as it is really easy and keeps your wave count high!” Michael Booth
“The All Star has always been the perfect blend of a great ocean board and holds a good average speed in the flat water! The All Star is my go to board for any type of surf race competition or a technical course race.” Connor Baxter
“My favorite board is the Allstar as its the most versatile between the Sprint and Ace. It can hold a quick pace in the flats, but you don’t have to worry if you’re in some wind or choppy water. For high wind downwiders and surf races, the Allstar provides the most stability and most control in all conditions. In 2019, we’ve made a few adjustments to increase speed, stability, and overall performance! We’ve flattened out the tail to provide a more stable pivot point for buoy turns, downinding and surfing. This will help you control your board with less effort in bumpy conditions from the tail so you can maximize control with less chance of falling in.” Fiona Wylde
“The All Star is the board that I will take in overall conditions like flat, downwind choppy water and technical races where you have different directions of the wind and where you have to turn many buoys. The new is more stable and with the square tail it feels good on downwind.” Leonard Nika