light weight, flex control
Full carbon technology that delivers lightweight and flex control.
– Full wrap of lightweight 30-degree biaxial carbon fabric is laminated over the entire hull. Having the fiber in a 30-degree orientation dramatically increases the stiffness and breakage strength.
– The mid-section of the board also has extra biaxial carbon that wraps both outside and inside the trail for further stiffness and overall hull strength.
rigid standing area
– “End Grain” balsa wood is used in the full standing area for increased strength and impact resistance.
– By turning the balsa grains vertically within the sandwich structure, Starboard’s innovative end-grain sandwich connects the top and bottom faces with millions of vertical, honeycomb-like pillars.
– Wrap the deck and bottom rail edge for greater durability, as well as extra reinforced drainage holes.
NO PAINT, NO SCRATCH, NO WEIGHT
Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed, reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
EPS CORE – 15 kG/M³ DENSITY
Shear resistant, fused and moulded individually to fit each and every Starboard board providing high strength at the lightest weight. Our moulded core technology produces zero EPS wastage.
RECYCLED EVA DECK PAD
We are shifting toward recycled EVA deck pads from post industrial EVA waste, increasing UV protection & reducing the use of petroleum.