“Where there’s chop, You need pop”
NEW Revamped Bottom Shape
ROUND VEE WITH DOUBLE CONCAVE
• Allows the board to sit higher on the bumps, making it float over chops with ease.
• Downwind the vee has a very smooth entry into bumps, accelerating the board into the next runner and feels more maneuverable to change direction.
NEW Concave Side Plane
• Provide stability directly under your feet.
• Acting like stabilisers similar to a trimaran.
NEW Wider Tail Outline
Provides more stability when stepping back to surf and buoy turn.
NEW Curved Rocker Line
The round vee bottom creates a curved center rocker, helping to roll into bumps with ease without pearling the nose.
NEW EVA Nose Ridge
Is used to deflect water entering the tray and provides extra support when strapping boards to a roof rack. (Supplied in the accessory pack)
FULL BOXY NOSE
• Full & boxy nose rails increases stability in side chop.
• Limits drag from water wrapping around the nose and pulling the rails.
• Provides extra buoyancy upwind and reduces the nose pitching downwind.
• Curved nose kick for easy entry into downwind bumps and lift in upwind chop.
Dug Out Standing Area
The inside rails are dug out from the standing area through to the tail, providing more space to spread your feet for extra stability.
NEW HIGH SIDEWALLS
• Blocks water from entering the tray offers better handling in chop and greater control surfing on the rail.
• New rounded rail edge in the standing area makes for a more user-friendly entry when getting on board.
Multiple Drainage Holes
Drain the water out in seconds.
Extra Handle Position
For beach race start and easy carrying.
LIGHTWEIGHT, FLEX CONTROL
• Full wrap of stronger 180g Biaxial Carbon with a center stringer on the bottom.
• The mid section of the board has extra Biaxial Carbon that wraps both inside and outside the rail for further stiffness and overall hull strength.
• “End Grain” balsa wood is used in the full standing area for increased strength and impact resistance.
• Infused paint pigment in the resin reduces the weight.
ISA WORLD DISTANCE CHAMPION
“I choose the Ace when downwinding as it’s the most fun you can have with the wind at your back. It is also perfect for those really choppy days or when the ocean is like a washing machine. The ace is very forgiving as you are standing right on the waterline in the dugout position! Can’t wait until summer in Perth to get this board out again.”
9 X M2M CHAMPION (WORLD RECORD HOLDER)
“The Ace has been in the Starboard line up for a long time and every year it has been improved with added volume in the much need areas to maximize speed upwind and downwind. Plus reworking the bottom to give it maximum glide and efficiency.”
Bart De Zwart
ULTRA DISTANCE PADDLER
“Living in Maui right next to one of the most famous downwind runs: the Maliko run, my favorite downwind board is the new Ace. The board gets the bumps easy and effortlessly stays with the wave. The narrow outline makes it the fastest board around without giving up stability because of the deep stance.”
You May Also Like
For every board sold, we plant a mangrove in the Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park, absorbing one ton of CO2 over 20 years. Learn more >
PLASTIC OFFSET PROGRAM
Buy a board and we collect an equivalent of 200 plastic bags from beaches through our Plastic Offset Program. Learn more >
PERFORMANCE CHART & SPECIFICATION
|Model||14’0” x 27” ACE||14’0” x 24.5” ACE||14’0” x 23” ACE||14’0” x 21.5” ACE|
|Length (cm)||429.1 cm||429.1 cm||429.1 cm||429.1 cm|
|Width (cm)||69.6 cm||63.1 cm||59.3 cm||56 cm|
|Thickness (cm)||29.8 cm||28 cm||27.9 cm||28.1 cm|
|Tail Width (Imperial)||7.4”||7.0”||6.7”||7.3”|
|Tail Width (cm)||18.8 cm||17.7 cm||17.0 cm||18.5 cm|
|Volume||386 L||329 L||333 L||333 L|
|Rider Weight||60-100 kg||55-90 kg||40-80 kg||40-75 kg|
|Fin Set Up||Single||Single||Single||Single|
|Fins||Center: Race Ultra||Center: Race Ultra||Center: Natural Winner||Center: Natural Winner|
|Weight Carbon||14.32 kg (Est)||12.60 kg (Est)||12.44 kg (Est)||12.30 kg (Est)|