“LOWEST WEIGHT , BEST RESPONSE , STRONGEST BUILD”
The Brushed Carbon Sandwich construction we pioneered in paddle board industry 10 years ago has been gradually improved year by year. Winning 8 out of 10 Gold medals in the ISA SUP Surf Worlds over the last 5 years may indicate the Innovation Quality obtained.
Starboard continues to develop new technologies; challenging conventional materials in search for high performance from cleaner and more sustainable substitutes. For the 2nd year running, Starboard have been the 1st to reach Gold Level Eco board status with the Blue Carbon constructions.
The 2020 10’0” Whopper Blue Carbon is lighter in weight, with a lowered weight on average by 300g.
The First Gold Level
ECO BOARD PROJECT BY SUSTAINABLE SURF
• The Blue Carbon board has an average emission of only 85 kg CO2 while the mangrove planted for each board produced absorb 1,000 kg of CO2 over 20 years.
• In short, one could say that the each Blue Carbon board capture 10 times more CO2 than it emits.
• Truly showcasing the intelligent use of natures own carbon capturing technology and how manufacturers can turn negatives to positives.
• By turning the balsa grains vertically within the sandwich structure, Starboard’s innovative end-grain sandwich connects the top and bottom faces with millions of vertical, honeycomb-like pillars.
• This high-density end-grain balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strenght.
Ultra Lightweight Biaxial Carbon
• Ultra lightweight 100g Biaxial Carbon is laminated over the entire deck and rails for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most effcient flex.
• The Biaxial Carbon is the same as used on the Carbon Sandwich race tech, winning more World titles than any other tech.
High Density PET Foam
Wraps the full deck and rails, minimising resin uptake and increasing the overall hull strength.
High-grade lightweight S-Glass wraps the full deck and bottom. S-Glass has a higher tensile strength than most carbon fibres and is over twice as strong as conventional glass. It also has a lower resin uptake resulting in a lighter weight.
In the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
15 KG/M³ DENSITY
Shear resistant, fused and moulded individually to fit each and every Starboard board providing high strength at the lightest weight. Our moulded core technology produces zero EPS wastage.
Water Based Dye
REPLACING PU PAINT
• Impregnated paint pigment on the deck reduces weight and paint chips.
• Natural water based dye is used on the bottom, reducing harmful toxins.
For every board sold, we plant a mangrove in the Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park, absorbing one ton of CO2 over 20 years. Learn more >
PLASTIC OFFSET PROGRAM
Buy a board and we collect an equivalent of 200 plastic bags from beaches through our Plastic Offset Program. Learn more >